The Sparkly Pink Princess

A place for insane, self obsessed, sparkly rambings.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Run like the wind (ha!)

Now, as I said earlier, I insanely signed up to do a race for life thingy. (oh yes, sponsor me! If you like!http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/lauramcleod).

I started off hating running. Seriously. I used to bunk off PE lessons involving soely running - it was ok if I was running with a hockey stick, that was fine, and rounders never required me to run far, but anything like cross country, athletics or my MOST HATED and dreaded thing , the Bleep Test. I've been a memeber of the gym for most of university, and managed to avoid the treadmill until about six weeks ago.

The devil may care aspect of me (I have one, you just have to look) thought I'd sign up to do RFL. and i started training. Oh, and I hated it. It really hurt, made me go all red and bothered and I got terrible latic acid issues in my lower legs. And I got paranoid about my boobs shrinking.

Then the wind changed (yeah, I remain ugly), and about two weeks ago, i actually started to enjoy bouncing about on the treadmill. So much so that when short on time, I ditch the rest of my gym workout and just do the treadmill. And today, I managed to do nearly 7K in 45 mins, and feel fine. So fine, it's scary. I'm even thinking of running to the polling station tomorrow (excercise my democratic rights as well as my body don't cha know) and back. Ok, it's only a mile, but there's hills involved. God, what i'm saying is that i might even carry on with this running lark when I've done the RFL.

I might even do the Bleep Tests that S10 have recently made availible. But that's a whole another phychological block.


Just a little note to myself.....

Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.Must. Write. Dissertation.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:53 pm, May 05, 2005, Blogger SoupDragon said…

    Noooooooooooooooooooo! Not the Bleep Test! I'd managed to blank it until you'd reminded me.

    But well done, Laura. Maybe I should give running another go. Need to buy a better sports bra first, though.

     
  • At 1:00 am, May 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Laura, fantastic- I remember usa ditching running at Longsands. But that bleedin cross country lark was crap- so cold, my knees, so muddy...well that was the fun part...HAHAHAHAHAHAH

     

Post a Comment

<< Home