I am women, hear me roar
Not only was I inspired by a fantastic performance of The Vagina Monologues performed at uni last night, but also a special sparkly friend, Helly. I'm going to list three fantastic things about myself under the headings "I am" and "I have."
I am
I am
- "quite good" (that comes from an old school report, my Mum will get this joke: the teacher told her on the quiet that I was in fact one of the best he'd ever taught, talk about an understated report) at Politics. Heck, I'm even not that bad at History.
- I'm actually an ok cook, far better than I ever make out to be.
- Confident with what I wear, and pull together clothes well.
I have
- Fantastic friends and family.
- Great legs. I have been told this by guys and girls alike. In fact, although at the time I thought this was a bit strange, I was running late for a seminar in history, and as I cut through the hospital, this 80 year old man stopped me and said that I had the best legs he'd ever seen. Who am I to argue with someone who has 80 years worth of legs in his mind?! They were enclosed in tights by the way!
- Got something that I want to do! I'm a lot luckier than most final year students, and having the funding behind me for a PhD is fantastic!
Right, i'd best get back to that dissertation. It's all on track, and for once, I'm ahead of schedule!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home